Jump IN! Sebastian Team For A Day was on the agenda for the last full weekend in March. What could be better than getting in the sky? The Sebastian Jump IN! Crew jumped with Andrew Happick from SDC Rhythm XP. The idea was to:
- Complete 6-8 jumps with the same group
- Work on the same skydive pool in competitive 4 or 8 way style.
Each of us joined other jumpers with similar skill levels. Andrew set up the teams and obtained the skydives from the competitive dive pool. These were emailed to each team member the day before for review so one would have an idea of the actual jumps. Andrew assigned everybody their slot – point, outside/inside center or tail. The guidance was gold for our performance and learning curve.
Team for A Day
The premise is to work with a group as a team for the day and to focus on competition four way.
- Dirt Dive the first skydive.
- Creeper work on the ground so that you could look at angles.
- Mock up the exit from the door of the plane.
- Video Debrief
- Concentrate on the positive
- Repeat the dive
Dedicating a day like this to skydiving creates a high learning curve due to trying, evaluating and then trying again. Using the same dive allows each member to hone skills for an exit, dock or move. Super fun, high learning curve creates a very rewarding day of skydiving!!!
Thanks for tuning in!